The morning sickness i mentioned in my last blog entry escalated to slight constant nausea. It was horrible, and it was my first indication that I was probably having a boy. The girls gave me an easy time and hardly brought any nausea, so I knew this one was different! I was easily nauseated by smells around me and would get sick at the though of certain foods. Thank goodness that it went away around week 18 and is now hardly there anymore. Because of the nausea and picky tummy, I haven't been eating as much either, as I did with the girls. The excuse of "I'm eating for two!" hasn't been used since there haven't been many opportunities for me to need it. I actually lost several pounds in the beginning because of my limited appetite. Haven't noticed any evident cravings.... not yet, anyway!
Over the past couple months, I've had a couple appointments. We are on track and looking good! I have my 1-hour glucose test coming up later this month, not looking forward to it. But at least it'll give me a good reason to sit and not move for a whole hour! Can someone say, "tsum tsum frenzy"? :0) We had a 3D ultrasound where we got to find out the gender of the baby... and we found out that we're having a boy! His name will be "Justice Kazuichi Kawakami". We've had the name "Justice" in the back of our minds for a couple years, just waiting for a son to join our family. "Kazuichi" comes from a couple generations.... it was the name of Shaun's grandpa who was a great man, influential in government while he was alive. It's also a combination of Shaun's Step-Dad, "Kazuto" and my Dad, "Seiichi".. the meaning behind this japanese name is "Harmony One" or "Peace One". One also being symbolic of being the first son and grandson on both sides of the family. We are overly excited for Justice to be born!
Shaun is so excited to have a son. He's already planning on jiu jitsu training and dreaming of the adventures the two will have. He'll probably start boy scouts, just cause his Daddy is such an Eagle Scout and always prepared and LOVES it. Shaun turned 30 on 11/28 and I'm excited to see what God has in store for this next decade of his life. Here is how we closed out the last day of his 29th year...
He's been an amazing part of the pregnancy, and does little things like being home Starbucks on a cold and rainy night after running some errands because I had a rough day... love him!
After several weeks of feeling Justice roll around in my tummy and the occasional kick while stretching, Shaun was finally able to feel him move. That never gets old, no matter how many pregnancies you have. It's amazing, that a baby is growing inside my belly! Wow God!
The girls have been blossoming into young ladies and are constantly amazing me. While they do argue and aren't the perfect angels ALL the time, they have moments of pure bliss and I thank God for giving me such great girls. I know they're going to be great older sisters... although they said they don't want to change diapers. shucks!
(free dinner at Costco!)
(at our church christmas party)
(Shaun talking to Justice... 20 weeks)
(Justice at 21 weeks... on my way to work)
Hopefully my next entry will not be as spaced out as the last. Will try my best to keep up!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment