My doctor's appointment this last Friday was quick and normal... they prefer not to check the cervix and dilation until it's either my due date or past my due date. It makes sense, you could be dilated for a while with no signs of labor, so why even fret about it? And apparently, since this is my 3rd pregnancy, I won't "drop" until it's time to deliver... really? Shaun will notice if I look a little lower... so we'll see how that goes. The pressure is definitely becoming more evident as each day passes.
37 weeks
Friday-Sunday, Shaun and I were fortunate to go to a marriage retreat sponsored by the Air National Guard. All expenses paid for the weekend at the beautiful Hilton Double Tree Hotel in Waikiki. The sessions were great! We learned a lot about communication between spouse and family in the military, "hot spot" triggers and how to address them with each other, fidelity while deployed, sex, and other great tools and tips for keeping your marriage healthy. We even got a quick lesson from a massage therapist! She pointed out a couple pressure points to help labor along once it starts... woohoo! There was a "Romantic Dinner" night with candlelight, photobooth and dancing to our wedding songs... and needless to say, great sleep in great hotel beds. =)
As I prepare to deliver Justice and bring another life into this world... my prayer is that we would be great parents to this son we've been anticipating and praying for. People tell me having a boy is so different, easier than girls, and to be prepared. What do they mean? Be prepared for what?! I know it'll be different so I guess we just need to wait and see what it'll be like. Will he be mellow or active? Loud or quiet? Kind or rowdy? I especially pray that Grace and Faith adapt and transition smoothly. AND I pray that Justice comes sooner than later. =)
Until the next update...


No comments:
Post a Comment