Friday, April 10, 2015

39 weeks 5 days

Went to the doctor today and I am currently 4cm and 50% effaced. My midwife went ahead and stripped my membranes (very painfully) which resulted in my mucus plug coming out when I got home! Hopefully this means labor is coming soon. The back pain has been intense recently, and although I have a lot of braxton hicks, there are no real contractions with pain. I never thought I would pray for painful contractions.

Although we haven't reached the 40 week mark yet and our due date, the waiting has already been brutal. I got so restless the other day and nesting kicked in majorly. The day ended with a re-arranged living room (don't worry, I used furniture sliders!) and a clean house. The ONLY room I didn't clean was the girls' room. Trying to get them to keep a clean room has been a difficult process that we're still working on. They don't make their bed, leave clothes all over the floor, books and toys everywhere. It drives me nuts but I want to teach them to clean up after themselves.

Recently, Grace has been acting out at school. Pinching, slapping, licking food on other kids' lunch plates... her teacher has been really great at communicating her concerns and we're praying on how to get a handle on it all. We know that the transition of Justice coming into the world is a trigger and pray that it returns to normal after he arrives. It's not like her, and maybe there is some influence from other kids in the class, but we know that she's going through some emotions she doesn't know how to express. I'm worried, as a Mom, that maybe we're putting too much pressure on her. "When Justice comes, you need to set a good example..." and other lines we've said over the past months. It's our fault for not emphasizing the importance SHE has to us as our firstborn, and I pray that she realizes that we still treasure her and won't love her any less once he is here. These are some of the things you don't realize are so difficult, until you're in the situation yourself. Been praying a lot for the Lord's guidance in this.

As we wait anxiously for Justice to come, we're excited for this next chapter in our lives. Praise the Lord for His faithfulness has no end!!!

No comments: